Friday 14 September 2012

 
Beveridge Park, Kirkaldy around 1968...group of riders about to go on to the track which was and  is no wider than most public park perimeter roads ! Racing is no longer allowed .
Very much a riders track it attracted many great names and was frequented by the great  Bob McIntyre .
 
 
The " A. Forbes" finishing second to Ronnie Mann was in fact Arthur Forbes and not Alex as the text shows.
 
 
 
My 350cc Norton on the trailer ready for the off. It is actually a boat trailer as I also have a small hydroplane.
 
 
 
...still some straps needed to hold it on....I confess I tend to have too many bits of webbing and rope to ensure it is secure. A bike coming off a trailer is the stuff of nightmares.When stopping off at  service station I always try and park within sight.If it means a lot to me...it will mean something to less upright people and nowadays security is always a concern.
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment